My house has seen a flurry of painters and carpenters this last month. Between them and layers of dust all over the place (no matter how much you try to clean) baking had been impossible. We survived mostly on take outs or super quick one-pot meals. But now the last of them are gone and we are slowly reclaiming our home. The kitchen looks like our kitchen once again and the oven has been scrubbed clean.
When we emerged from under paint cans and wood shavings, it seems the rain gods have been busy too! The onset of monsoons is always exciting. Unless you have to wade through the water to get to work- then it ain’t pretty! Much like everybody else, I feel like chai and bhajiyas as soon as the showers start but what I crave even more is to bake something so that my house can smell heavenly even if it’s only for a while. And there is no aroma more delicious than a loaf of banana bread in your oven. This time I made muffins instead and added a few handfuls of chocolate chips for some glutton factor.
Recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Adapted from here
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 mashed bananas
¾ cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup melted butter
3 handfuls of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line your muffin cups with liners.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a bigger bowl mix the bananas, sugar, egg and butter.
- Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture and mix just until moistened.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the cups and bake for 18-20 mins.
- I wanted the chocolate in every bite so i added 3 handfuls (apologies for not measuring by the cup) but you could reduce the amount according to preference.