Feb 4, 2010

Cookies are made of butter and love. ~Norwegian Proverb


  One of the reasons I love to make cookies is the wonderful aroma that envelops my kitchen. (The other reason is that I absolutely love them and can devour them by the dozen!). So with a little free time today, I just couldn’t resist making a batch of my favorite oatmeal cookies. It would also be a healthier option than other fat filled varieties.


But as soon as I started mixing up my batter, my pack of chocolate chips started crying out to me and begged to be added. Now who can refuse chocolate? It would take an inordinate amount of self control for anyone not to add little pieces of heaven to their cookies. I have no self control. Not even an ounce. So there went my attempt to make something remotely healthy which I could eat without guilt!


The recipe was quite a simple one and is originally from here. The minor change I made was that I left out the cinnamon and nuts and put in chocolate chips instead.

Recipe


1 cup Butter

1 cup Sugar

1 cup Brown sugar

2 Eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 cups All-purpose flour

1 tsp Baking soda

3 cups oats

1 tsp salt

Chocolate chips


Method

1) Cream the butter and sugar. Then add the eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.

2) Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl. Then add to the butter mixture.

3) Chill for an hour in the fridge.

4) Preheat oven to 190 degress C.

5) Bake them for 8-10 mins.

6) Cool on a wire rack.



And voila….

No comments: